Sunday, November 11, 2007

About Crocheting

For those who dont know - Crochet is spelled as "kro-shey" !

This art involves a single needle with a hook at one end (crochet needle) and a ball of thread and doing lot of chains!. Though basically wool comes to mind when knitting or crochet is mentioned, I have used different kinds and types of thread with crochet to bring out varied textures and effect.

Thanks to my old friend in the Ladies hostel who introduced me to crochet. Later when I was more interested, I went through books and internet to learn more.

Main advantage of this art is that it can be carried along with you as a mobile art form!! I have done crochetting while waiting in queue at the pedeatrician's clinic, waiting in front of my son's examination hall, while travelling, sitting beside my son for his homework ...... ..... ......

In fact it is a most convenient art form which can be done with our tits and bits of time and bring out a beautiful, useful materials for home. Finally it gives me immense pleasure to use hand knitted woollen caps, gift woollen caps for babies, decorate home etc etc.

I have found that crochetting is a good stress buster also!! Many times it releives my from anger, stress or any othere negetive thought. Having a good hobby itself will releive stress.

No comments: