Friday, January 4, 2008

Table mat - pot holder


This table mat I have done using circles of double crochets. For making it thick, so that hot pots can be placed on it, I have done the dc, over a long chord, covering it with the stitches.

To maintain the flatness, the trick is, for 2nd row, work 2 dc in every 2nd ch sp, for 3 row, work 2 dc on every 3rd ch sp and so on..

For last row curves - work half dc, dc, half treble, treble, 4-loops, treble, half treble, dc, half dc (one curve completed) - repeat.

2 comments:

Sukarman and Mithran's Mom said...

Hi,

Glad about your works, Let me know you have any informations about "beed" work similar to crochet.

The color beeds of nylon similar to (food grains javvarisi)
tied by nylon cable (thinone)

Later it can be framed or hanged straightly.

If you have books or any design patterns.

Thank you for the time you take to respond.

Anuusri.

Swapna said...

hi, About the only thing I can crochet are the pot holders..they come out beautifully and with a bit of variation I have made a tiny bag for my sister..I have a book of crotchet , but I cant seem to follow the instructions..